While technical skills are key to computer science careers, tech professionals also rely on soft skills, or people skills, to complete projects and reach organizational goals. The most vital are:
- Collaboration. The ability to contribute to a team and collaborate with colleagues.
- Communication. Communicating clearly with coworkers, including those in non-technical roles, requires expertise.
- Independence. Professionals need self-motivation and independence to complete their tasks. Being able to work independently makes professionals better team members.
- Creativity. From devising new ways to solve problems to creating innovative applications, creativity ranks high in computer scientists.
- Curiosity. Tech professionals constantly add to their technical skills. Curiosity serves them well, particularly when paired with research skills.
View Full Article
No entries found