A survey of over 17,000 developers in 159 countries reveals current thinking and practices on programming languages, open-source software, machine learning development, and other trends.
The results are published in "State of the Developer Nation Q4 2019" from SlashData.
Key findings include:
- Python added 2.2 million net new developers in 2018 and surpassed Java in terms of popularity.
- Kotlin is the fastest growing language community in percentage terms.
- Three out of five developers contribute to open-source software.
- Developers are most motivated to contribute to open-source projects to improve coding skills (29%) and because they believe in the benefits of open source (26%).
- Machine learning developers working with big data and deep learning frameworks are more likely to deploy their code on hybrid and multi clouds.
- Augmented reality and virtual reality practitioners are in the majority passionate hobbyists with a diverse set of interests and skills.
- Most developers (59%) are engaged with DevOps and 27% of these are currently working on projects involving DevOps.
View Full Article
No entries found